Lometa man sentenced to county jail
In recent 27th District Court action with Judge John Gauntt presiding, 21-year-old Francisco Ledezma-Ramirez of Lometa was sentenced to 70 days in Lampasas County Jail for a possession of a controlled substance less than one gram charge that was reduced to a Class A misdemeanor.
Ledezma-Ramirez also was ordered to pay court costs.
Four years’ deferred adjudication probation was given to Derek Joe Bishop, 19, of Kempner for bail jumping and failure to appear felony. Bishop must complete an intermediate sanction facility program as a condition of his probation.
Another charge against Bishop for theft of material 50 percent aluminum/bronze/ copper less than $20,000 also netted him four years’ deferred adjudication probation, a $750 fine and court costs.
Four years’ deferred adjudication probation was assessed Robin Deann Saylor, 38, of Bertram for possession of a controlled substance less than one gram in a drugfree zone. She also must pay $240 restitution to the Texas Department of Public Safety, and pay court costs plus attorney fees.
A warrant was issued for the arrest of Katina Jean Ayala, when the 40-year-old Atascosa resident failed to show up for court. She is charged with driving while intoxicated with a child passenger.
Arraignments are on the Dec. 6 court docket for the following:
• Brandon Lee Loving, 19, of Copperas Cove on a charge of theft over $1,500 and less than $20,000.
• Nick Cruz Hernandez, 20, of Lampasas for forgery of a financial instrument.
• Brock Alexander Norris, 31, of Lampasas for credit card or debit card abuse.
• Amber Cherie Newton, 28, of Killeen for manufacture/ delivery of a controlled substance over four grams and less than 200 grams.
Other Dec. 6 court action includes:
• a status hearing for Dereck Andrew Cox, 24, of Lampasas for criminal mischief with a deadly weapon.
• a hearing on an updated pre-sentence investigation for 32-year-old Roger Allen Voigt. The Georgetown resident is charged with burglary of a habitation.
• a revocation announcement for Duane Allan Dobbs, 57, of Lampasas for driving while intoxicated and felony repetition.
On Dec. 13, the following court proceedings are scheduled:
• a contested motion to revoke hearing for Timothy Casey Torrez, 40, of Abilene for criminal non-support.
• a punishment hearing for 58-year-old Timothy Marcus Miller for theft over $1,500 and less than $20,000.
• a revocation hearing for Alvin Rodriguez Aleman, 49, of Lampasas on a charge of manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance over four grams and less than 200 grams.
• a pretrial hearing for a case of possession of marijuana less than one gram against Joe Michael Casey Torrez, 17, of Lampasas.
• an adjudication hearing for Jonathan Michael Bartts, 21, of Lampasas for burglary of a building.
For fraudulent use/possession of identifying information, 43-year-old Jennifer Pace of Copperas Cove has a punishment hearing scheduled Jan. 10.
Open pleas are on the Jan. 17 docket for Gary Eugene Aleman, 26, of Harker Heights for possession of a controlled substance over one gram and less than four grams; and Michael Blake Bruton, 43, of Lometa for interference with child custody.
A contested adjudication hearing is slated Jan. 17 for Thomas Dean Edwards. The 57-year-old Gatesville resident is charged with possession of a controlled substance less than one gram.
On Jan. 24, Forrest Lee Pierce, 18, of San Saba is set to enter a plea on a charge of manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance over one gram and less than four grams.
Amanda Guana, 27, of Lampasas, charged with forgery of a financial instrument, will have her arraignment set at a later date.