Murder trials postponed
Murder trials for three of four defendants accused in the Jan. 27 murder of 43-year-old Curtis Lee Shed of Copperas Cove were postponed until Jan. 27, 2014.
Investigators say Shed was killed on a county road in Kempner. His body was discovered later at a mobile home park in Copperas Cove.
Action came in 27th District Court with Judge John Gauntt presiding.
Lampasas residents Jason Lee Martell, 39, and Donnelly Frank Richey, 27, both bonded out of Lampasas County Jail on a charge of murder.
Defendant Bobby Ray Stratton, 25, of Lampasas remains in jail on bonds totaling $155,000. In addition to murder, Stratton also faces a jury trial Jan. 27 for possession of a controlled substance over one gram and less than four grams.
In other court proceedings, 37-year-old John Charles Rice of Lampasas had his probation revoked, and he was sentenced to five years in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for driving while intoxicated and felony repetition.
In addition, Rice received 15 months in state jail for each of two counts of forgery of a financial instrument. All three terms are to run concurrently, and he is credited with jail time served.
Pedro Montoya Jr., 62, of Austin, charged with possession of marijuana over four ounces and under five pounds in a drug-free zone, was given five years in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, probated to five years. He also was fined $1,200.
Lampasas resident Raymond Daniel Galbraith, 20, was ordered to continue on probation and must successfully complete a court-ordered program in Austin. He is charged with aggravated assault causes serious bodily injury.
For misapplication of fiduciary/ financial institution property over $20,000 and less than $100,000, 45-year-old Paul Thomas Hughes of Lometa was granted shock probation for a five-year term.
A jury trial is on the docket Monday for Allan Gary Bridges, 54, of Lampasas. He is charged with aggravated kidnapping.
On a charge of burglary of a habitation, Roger Allen Voigt, 32, of Georgetown is set to enter a plea today.
Pretrial hearings are on the Dec. 6 court docket for the following:
• Fidencio Sanchez Coronado, 18, of Lampasas for two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child.
• Clifford D. Hammack, 41, of Kempner for possession of a controlled substance less than one gram. Hammack also is scheduled for a Dec. 13 revocation hearing for possession of a controlled substance less than one gram.
• Reynaldo Aleman, 46, of Lampasas for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. In addition, Aleman has a Dec. 6 revocation announcement set for a charge of assault on a public servant.
• Justin Clay O’Neal, 20, of Lampasas for forgery of a financial instrument.
Arraignments are Dec. 6 for:
• Clarence Michael Biddy, 33, of Lampasas for evading arrest or detention with a vehicle, and for possession of a controlled substance less than one gram.
• Brent Levon Buchanan, 41, of Lampasas for assault family/ house member impede breath/ circulation.
Pleas are expected to be entered Dec. 6 by the following:
• Robert Lee Powell, 33, of Lampasas for criminal nonsupport.
• Jason Stuart Bernal, 40, for fraudulent use/possession of identifying information.
A jury trial is set Dec. 6 for Rigoberto William Reyes, 45, of Lometa. He is charged with possession of marijuana over four ounces and less than five pounds.
On Dec. 13, court proceedings include:
• a status hearing for Nancy Janeen Ross, 44, of Houston on a charge of driving while intoxicated and felony repetition.
• an adjudication announcement for Justin Edward Bass, 21, of Killeen for possession of a controlled substance over 28 grams in a drug-free zone.
Pleas are scheduled to be entered Jan. 3 by Roswitha Maria Thomas, 64, of Lampasas for driving while intoxicated and felony repetition; and Devin Kristina Stites, 24, for injury to a child/elderly/disabled reckless bodily injury.
The Jan. 10 court docket includes the following:
• a pretrial hearing for Katherine Michelle Brown, 24, for fraudulent use/possession of identifying information.
• a pretrial hearing for Michael James Tuttle, 32, of Copperas Cove for driving while intoxicated and felony repetition.
• a plea hearing for Helen Garza Sanchez, 55, of Granite Shoals for possession of marijuana over four ounces and less than five pounds in a drugfree zone.
• a plea hearing for Tammy Delean Stone, 32, of Lometa for possession of a controlled substance less than one gram.
John Lewis Bone, 47, of Killeen is set for a revocation hearing on Jan. 17 for evading arrest or detention with a vehicle, and a jury trial is slated for him Jan. 27, also for evading arrest or detention with a vehicle.
Richard Lynn Chism, 55, of Copperas Cove faces a Jan. 27 jury trial for indecency with a child sexual contact.
On Feb. 7, the docket includes:
• a review for Chad Jason Metheny, 40, of Lampasas for criminal non-support.
• pretrial hearing for Vernon Lynn Dalton, 51, of Lampasas for aggravated sexual assault.
• a review for Bradley Scott Watson, 36, of Gatesville on a charge of criminal non-support.
And Belton resident Brandon Scott Smith, 41, is set for an April 28 jury trial on a charge of misapplication fiduciary/finance property elderly.