Murder trial set in November
In recent 27th District Court action with Judge John Gauntt presiding, jury trial was set Nov. 18 for 27-year-old Donnelly Frank Richey of Lampasas.
Richey is one of several persons charged with the murder of Curtis Lee Shed, 43, a Copperas Cove resident who investigators say was killed in Kempner and whose body was transported to a mobile home park in Copperas Cove.
In other court action, Seferino Julius Aleman, 21, of Lampasas received four years’ deferred adjudication probation and 30 days in the Lampasas County Jail for possession of a controlled substance less than one gram.
Aleman also must pay a $750 fine and $140 in restitution.
For possession of marijuana over four ounces and under five pounds, 29-year-old Steven Edward Gandy of Lampasas was given four years’ deferred adjudication probation and a $750 fine. He also must pay court costs and attorney fees.
John Dale Bohall, 31, of Kempner, charged with burglary of a habitation, had his probation amended to attend a Substance Abuse Felony Program.
Arraignment is today for Roswitha Maria Thomas, 63, of Lampasas on a charge of driving while intoxicated and felony repetition.
The Aug. 9 docket contains arraignments for:
• Monica Ann Aleman, 31, of Lampasas for possession of a controlled substance less than one gram.
• Edwin Herbert Phelps, 25, of Lometa for evading arrest or detention with a vehicle.
• Brenda Lynn Salazar, 45, of Lampasas for hinder apprehension or prosecution of a known felon.
A pretrial hearing for Rigoberto William Reyes, 44, of Lometa is Aug. 9. He is charged with possession of marijuana over four ounces and less than five pounds.
Pretrial hearings are Aug. 23 for:
• Dana Nicole Jennette, 34, of Lampasas for theft over $1.500 and less than $20,000.
• Jerry Lee Pierce, 39, of San Saba for manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance over one gram and less than four grams.
• Allan Gary Bridges, 54, of Lampasas for aggravated kidnapping.
A plea and sentencing hearing is scheduled Aug. 23 for Addison John Dunn, 20, of Kempner on a charge of sexual assault of a child.
Pretrial hearings are slated Aug. 30 for the following:
• Helen Garza Sanchez, 54, of Granite Shoals for possession of marijuana over four ounces and less than five pounds in a drug-free zone.
• Chase Arles Wynne Hensarling, 21, of Lampasas for assault family/household member with previous conviction.
A jury trial is set Sept. 9 for 20-year-old Brandon Michael Jacques of Burnet for theft over $1,500 and less than $20,000.
Jeremy Wayne Casey, 32, of Lampasas is expected to enter a plea Sept. 13 on a charge of burglary of a building.
And a revocation hearing is Oct. 18 for Timothy Casey Torrez, 40, of Abilene for criminal nonsupport.