Lampasas man sentenced to prison on two charges
In recent 27th District Court action with Judge John Gauntt presiding, Anthony Joe Seale of Lampasas was sentenced to three years in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Institutional Division for obstruction/retaliation, and 14 months for reckless injury to a child bodily injury. The 26-year-old man also must pay court costs.
For burglary of a habitation, Lampasas resident John Derrick Hood, 18, was given eight years’ deferred adjudication probation and a $750 fine. In addition, he must pay court costs.
And as a condition of probation, Hood must attend an Intermediate Sanction Facility.
On a charge of indecency with a child sexual contact, 22-year-old Leidy Monroe Smith III of Copperas Cove received five years’ deferred adjudication probation. He also must pay a $500 fine and court costs.
Court action set for today includes:
• a pretrial hearing for David Bruce Roush, 28, of Lampasas for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
• an adjudication announcement for Leslie Ann Wallace, 27, of Lampasas for assault on a public servant.
Jury trials are scheduled Monday for:
• Saul Rodriguez, 32, of Belton for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
• Bernard Christian Uhler III, 38, of Lampasas for possession of a controlled substance over one gram and less than 400 grams. In addition, Uhler has a pretrial hearing April 5 for sexual assault of a child.
• Raymond William Smith, 23, of Lampasas for aggravated sexual assault of a child.
• Jennifer Pace, 42, of Copperas Cove for fraudulent use/possession of identifying information.
• John Dale Bohall, 31, of Kempner for burglary of a habitation.
• William Brandon Dean, 33, of Lometa for driving while intoxicated with a child under 15 years of age.
Arraignments are on the April 5 docket for Helen Garza Sanchez, 54, of Granite Shoals for possession of marijuana over four ounces and less than five pounds in a drugfree zone; and Duane Allan Dobbs, 56, of Lampasas for driving while intoxicated and felony repetition.
An April 5 pretrial hearing is scheduled for Joseph Michael Rodriguez, 55, of Copperas Cove for driving while intoxicated third or more.
Pretrial hearings are on tap April 19 for the following:
• Jose Rosario Gonzalez, 41, of Lampasas for assault family/house member impede breath/circulation.
• Pedro Montoya Jr., 62, of Austin for possession of marijuana over four ounces and less than five pounds in a drug-free zone.
Revocation hearings are May 17 for:
• Killeen resident Gerald Adam Brady, 37, for evading arrest or detention with a vehicle. He had his bond set at $2,500.
• Armando Garcia-Ramos, 27, of Nolanville for tamper/fabricate physical evidence with the intent to impair.